Third Frontier Research Incentive
Brain Health Research
NOTE: This portal services multiple RFP processes. Not all descriptive information on each page will pertain to the Third Frontier Research Incentive Request for Proposal. Please click the APPLY NOW tab to the right and choose the RFP for BRAIN HEALTH research. Once you complete your profile, you will see the team page. If you choose to invite others to the portal, you may add them from this page, but this is not required for the Third Frontier Research Incentive Proposal. In the “Stages” section, click “View Questions” to find the upload feature to submit your combined PDF document.
Request for Proposals
Section 381.250 (Research Incentive Third Frontier) of Amended Substitute House Bill 110 of the 134th General Assembly authorizes the Chancellor of High Education to use appropriated funds under this section to advance collaborative research at institutions of higher education. Consistent with this authority, the Chancellor has identified research related to Brain Health as a priority for funding. The Chancellor has committed $2 million in funding over the biennium ($1,000,000 per fiscal year) to support research in this area
Who Can Apply?
· State universities as defined in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code
· A community college established under Chapter 3354 of the Revised Code
· A technical college under ORC 3357.
· A state community college established under Chapter 3358 of the Revised Code
· A non-profit private institution of higher education with a Certificate of Authorization issued pursuant to Chapter 1713 of the Ohio Revised Code
· Non-profit organizations whose primary missions is to engage in research working in collaboration with eligible institutions of higher education
· Economic Development organizations working in collaborations with eligible institutions of higher education
· Ohio industry and business organizations working in a public/private partnership with an eligible Ohio institution of higher education
· State agencies working in collaborations with Ohio institutions of higher education
Registration, Timeline, and Proposal Submission
Proposals are submitted using an online process through the registration and application portal. The proposals are reviewed and scored by the selection committee who will make recommendations to the Chancellor. The Chancellor will make the final decision on which proposals, if any, are ultimately funded. Note: This portal services multiple RFP processes. Not all descriptive information on each page will pertain to the Third Frontier Research Incentive Request for Proposal. If there is information on a page referring to another RFP title, please ignore that information and proceed to complete your registration, using a few characters to fill required sections that do not apply to you. Once applicants engage the APPLY tab, please move forward to upload your proposal with all attachments in one PDF document.
Applicants are responsible for timely submissions of proposals. The schedule below may be revised by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) due to circumstances and any changes will be communicated to the applicants via e-mail and posted on the ODHE web page, HERE
Request for Proposals Released March 1, 2022
Proposal Submission Window March 1, 2022 – March 21, 2022
Proposal Review begins March 22, 2022
Anticipated Notification of Award April 11, 2022